Saturday, January 22, 2011

Beer & Shrimp

I was buying a half rack of Henry's the other day and this coupon was inside the box:


I love beer and I love shrimp but what the hell is this coupon? Buy beer and get $10 off shrimp? What? This coupon raised a few questions:
  • Does Henry's own all the shrimp in the world and they simply want to increase their shrimp sales?
  • Who makes a coupon for something general like shrimp or bread or meat? Are all the shrimp caught and sold by one company and this coupon is designed simply to get people to buy any shrimp in the store?
  • Is there a "beer and shrimp are awesome together" movement going on that I'm not aware of? Who has ever been at the store and thought, "I need to pick up some beer...oh yeah, and I gotta have some shrimp too. They're perfect together!"
  • Is this practice commonplace? I've never seen a coupon like this - EVER. "Buy a box of condoms and get a free pack of tortillas" or "Buy a car and get a free golf club." Really? Who arranged this coupon?
I must admit - I kinda want to go claim my $10 worth of shrimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment