Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Awesomeness in Everett, WA - Part Deaux

At my office in Everett, Washington I used to have to park across the street in the parking garage. A few years back I arrived at the parking garage around 7:20am like normal. It was a really nice day and I hopped out of my car, walked down the stairs and up the half a block toward the intersection where I cross the street to my office building. Just as I approached the corner of the intersection I noticed a tubby kid walking down the street towards me. He looked to be about 16 or 17 years old and was wearing a black trench coat. Meanwhile it was about 70 degrees and sunny outside.

As you have surely noticed, I really enjoy spotting weird people out in the wild but at this exact moment I honestly recall thinking, "This kid isn't even that weird for Everett." And at that exact moment, just as I'm mentally giving this kid a compliment for not being a super freak, he walks right up to me, reaches into his trench coat and proceeds to pull out a light sabre. No, i am not kidding. As he pulls the light sabre out of its holster (yes, he had a holster on his belt) he makes the light sabre sound - "SHHHHHEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW" and begins twirling his light sabre around like he's getting ready to have a dual with me.

Keep in mind this all happened in about 5 seconds plus it's 7:20am and I'm not even fully conscious yet...then, as this guy is whirling his light sabre around and making light sabre noises he says, "I'm going to kill you with my light sabre."

This was when I began to wonder if I was on Punk'd. Meanwhile I'm laughing in this kids face and looking around for TV cameras because I can not believe what's going on three feet from me. Then I started to wonder what else he might have in his trench coat and walked away...giddy to share what had just happened.

By the way, the kid was visibly disappointed when I walked away. I'm not sure if he really wanted to kill me or if he just wanted to have a light sabre duel.

No comments:

Post a Comment